Saturday, July 16, 2011

Pineapple Infused Vodka

A week or so ago, I had a client meeting in Dallas. The meeting was originally scheduled for the Porch which is a watering hole I tend to frequent when I can. However, at the last minute our venue was changed to a place in Victory Park called Medina Oven and Bar which specializes in Moroccan cuisine.

This was to be a late afternoon meeting over drinks so as uncultured as I am, I was preparing my palette for an ice cold beer in this 100 degree heat that resonates off the concrete in Dallas.

The waitress comes over and my client orders me a drink. All I heard was vodka so I was already waving my hands in distress. It was four in the afternoon and I wasn't ready to hit the hard stuff. He insisted that I try it so I caved to his suggestion.

We began to talk business and the waitress sits the full Tumbler of the vodka concoction next to my place setting. As we continue to talk, I ignore the drink as I'm having a hard time selling myself on the idea of drinking it. My client looks up and says, "You going to try that thing or what?"

When I took the first sip I almost stood up and did a shuffle across the floor it was so good. "What is this thing?" I asked. My client tells me it's an infused drink that combines whole pineapples and vodka.

Without a shadow of a doubt, this is the best summer drink I've ever had and the wheels were already turning on how I could duplicate it when I got home.

The main ingredient in this drink is time. Yes folks, time and lots of it.

Pineapple Infused Vodka

Go get yourself a pretty large glass jar. The kind you can seal at the top as you want to make sure this thing is sealed up tight.

Slice up a fresh pineapple or two and put the wedges into the jar. Now some folks can get down right fancy like the one in the picture above but as long as you stack them nice and high, you'll be fine.

Place in 4 Cardamon Seeds

Pour in the vodka all the way to the top and seal it shut.

Place the jar in a dark corner and let it sit for 1 to 2 weeks.

Serve over ice and enjoy.

WARNING: This drink is really really good. But remember, it's straight vodka so be responsible. Just think back to that girl who had too much trash can punch in college and passed out in the shrubbery. You know who you are.

2 comments:

  1. The warning is what caught my eye.
    "WARNING: This drink is really really good. But remember, it's straight vodka so be responsible. Just think back to that girl who had too much trash can punch in college and passed out in the shrubbery. You know who you are."

    ReplyDelete